Author Topic: Star Wars on blu ray  (Read 5861 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Star Wars on blu ray
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 01:50:00 AM »
I don't mind things like VFX touch ups, so long as they don't alter the movie's storyline.  I just really hope that's all Lucas does this time...

And please for Gods sake make Han shoot first again...

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 02:42:05 AM »
And please for Gods sake make Han shoot first again...

.... will never happen guys.

lucas had that done to make han look as though he dosnt attack without provocation, or something along those lines.
i agree it should be changed back, but i SERIOUSLY doubt it will  :roll
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 08:00:06 AM »
.... will never happen guys.

lucas had that done to make han look as though he dosnt attack without provocation, or something along those lines.
i agree it should be changed back, but i SERIOUSLY doubt it will  :roll

He thought that Han shooting first tarnished his "rep" as a "good guy".  He seems to forget that not only is Han Solo a PIRATE, Greedo had a gun pointed at his head and was about to shoot.  Han wasn't gonna let that happen.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 10:13:49 AM »
guess he did this for kids so there would be no cold blood murders, especially from hands of the good guys, just look how he dumb downed prequels which are obviously aimed for kids - teenagers while original saga was for wider audiences, not only for kids who loves cartoon rabids or vivid pictures...

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »
guess he did this for kids so there would be no cold blood murders, especially from hands of the good guys, just look how he dumb downed prequels which are obviously aimed for kids - teenagers while original saga was for wider audiences, not only for kids who loves cartoon rabids or vivid pictures...

or it could be that because 20th century let lucas retain ALL rights that he felt that he should branch the storyline to any venue possible, but if you watched the interview between him and Seth McFarlane, he clearly stated that cartoons were his preferred media genre, hence allowing the family guy staff to allow them to do their parody episodes (that and he admits that his DVR is FULL of family guy)

i think it would have been pretty cool for the series as a whole to be done in animation, but i dont think it would have turned out to be what it is had that route been taken.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 07:02:39 PM »
Honestly, I don't find the prequels quite as crappy as everyone else does(for one thing, I don't hate Hayden, just the scenes with him and Portman and his addition to ROTJ), but I think the biggest problem with the prequels have to do with the terrible, terrible job done with the editing.  Revenge of the Sith for instance should have been a half hour longer and given some more depth to Anakin's fall.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »
Honestly, I don't find the prequels quite as crappy as everyone else does(for one thing, I don't hate Hayden, just the scenes with him and Portman and his addition to ROTJ), but I think the biggest problem with the prequels have to do with the terrible, terrible job done with the editing.  Revenge of the Sith for instance should have been a half hour longer and given some more depth to Anakin's fall.
Hayden as an actor is good, what failed completely was the character Lucas wrote, Anakin should have been a good guy who is forced at some point to turn against his beliefs in order to save his beloved wife (tragic, forbidden love). i know it's all in the movies except one little tiny detail, Anakin being a good guy... he is fighting for good guys indeed, but he certainly isn't that good, murdered at least 50 tuskens, murdered disarmed sith who wasn't much of a threat after loosing weapon and both hands, disobeying jedi order, whining about Obi's teachings, rebelling jedi order, questioning jedi order teachings, motives, actions etc. etc. ... where's that great pilot and a GOOD FRIEND Obi told Luke about ??? all I can see in Anakins charracter is that he behaves like a spoiled child in EP II and even more spoiled child + teenager who hates life in EP III

btw. what even caused the crisis in EP II beginning and how was it connected to ep I, asking because I find EP I completely useless in whole picture (story wise)

The only prequel movie which is at least good is EP3 the rest is a waste of really good material for a movie in my honest opinion... prequels should be rewritten from scratch and it should be JJ Abrams who do it :P

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 08:59:17 PM »
See, I see some of the friendship and great piloting in the beginning of Ep3.  As for really seeing Anakin as a character, I use the Clone Wars series as a go-to.  Plus, the animated Anakin is a better actor. :p

But yeah, Star Wars on Blu-ray...I will probably get it, but I'll wait for it to hit clearance racks.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 12:12:52 AM »
Hayden as an actor is good, what failed completely was the character Lucas wrote, Anakin should have been a good guy who is forced at some point to turn against his beliefs in order to save his beloved wife (tragic, forbidden love). i know it's all in the movies except one little tiny detail, Anakin being a good guy... he is fighting for good guys indeed, but he certainly isn't that good, murdered at least 50 tuskens, murdered disarmed sith who wasn't much of a threat after loosing weapon and both hands, disobeying jedi order, whining about Obi's teachings, rebelling jedi order, questioning jedi order teachings, motives, actions etc. etc. ... where's that great pilot and a GOOD FRIEND Obi told Luke about ??? all I can see in Anakins charracter is that he behaves like a spoiled child in EP II and even more spoiled child + teenager who hates life in EP III

btw. what even caused the crisis in EP II beginning and how was it connected to ep I, asking because I find EP I completely useless in whole picture (story wise)

The only prequel movie which is at least good is EP3 the rest is a waste of really good material for a movie in my honest opinion... prequels should be rewritten from scratch and it should be JJ Abrams who do it :P

He came off as being a power-hungry SOB - didn't give a f*ck about Padme after his fall - which was caused by his power-hungry SOBness (I mean...who could ignore Natalie Portman?!)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 07:32:18 AM »
quit spoiling RoS!!

no, I haven't seen it yet (i have to buy all six movies all over again).  ditto with the trek movies (i only have about four of them on VHS, and VCR's are nearly impossible to find)

lucas has TOTAL controll, and thinks in that direction. after all, he disowned one of his sons for being Gay.
he probably intended Anikin's fall into darkness to be relatively SLOW (and palpatine is a VERY patient man).  Plus, being the "vergence in the force" (which every dang Jedi and Sidious knew from the START).  knowing George Lucas, this is exactly how he wrote the character.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 08:14:03 AM »
I have never heard anything about him disowning any kid.  Plus he only has the one son, Jett.  And none of his three kids are his really.  He adopted.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 01:46:47 PM »
(for one thing, I don't hate Hayden, just the scenes with him and Portman and his addition to ROTJ)
That was probably the change that pissed me off the most. Hayden just didn't look right in Jedi.

And yeah all the romance scenes with Portman are either really corny or really over-acted, especially in Revenge of the Sith. Dialog sucks too...

He came off as being a power-hungry SOB - didn't give a f*ck about Padme after his fall - which was caused by his power-hungry SOBness (I mean...who could ignore Natalie Portman?!)
I thought he came off more as a whiny little bitch personally...

quit spoiling RoS!!

no, I haven't seen it yet
Really!? You know it's been out since '05 right?  :P Despite the complaints you read here for the most part it's really not that bad, the battle between Anikan and Obi-Wan in particular is pretty cool, and so is the beginning. Spike TV likes to play all the Star Wars movies a lot of the time, you can probably catch it on there sometime soon.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
I'm gonna buy it if they redid the spacebattles. If the spacebattles or ship stuff are still old, fuck it. I just want a compleet new cgi spacebattle like in revenge of the sith.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 06:40:40 PM »
For a complete review of the prequels i advise watching red letter media's reviews. He pretty much tore them a new one. Funny too.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »
I'm gonna buy it if they redid the spacebattles. If the spacebattles or ship stuff are still old, fuck it. I just want a compleet new cgi spacebattle like in revenge of the sith.
call me heretic or real old school heretic but I liked RotJ space battle over RotS space battle :P RotJ seemed much more 'realistic' if you can call it a space battle in a movie about fictional galaxy and fictional conflict :P I would hold the biggest grudge to Lucas if he would even touch single laser in RotJ turning it into that cheap cgi shi* RotS became over a decade after shooting RotJ...

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 07:38:20 PM »
Revenge of the Sith's space battle was hardly much of a battle.  We saw maybe a small portion of it, and it was far too busy.  And it's enough that they added in the CGI stuff on the Death Star in A New Hope.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 09:20:20 PM »
I liked RotS's battle myself. Just they would've shown more and parts of greater relevancy - that being said the part where a Venator is engaged in a broadside firefight w/ the Invisible Hand is balls.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
They don't need to add stuff or change stuff in "return of the jedi" or whatever.. I just want to remove the old models and change it into a fresh and new cgi. What's the point of buying bluray if old models are used.

Cool nebulon b frigate next to a star destroyer blasting at each other in full glory would be great instead of that old fx where white dots are shielding etc...

Or the battle of hoth could be changed as wel. Instead of the old fx were the AT-AT are sluggish and choppy in movement could be changed into a smooth one..

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 01:10:31 AM »
my only thing is that anakin aged between ep I and II.... but padme didnt...  :facepalm:
that has always bugged me
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »
my only thing is that anakin aged between ep I and II.... but padme didnt...  :facepalm:
that has always bugged me

Easily explained.  There's a great deal of growth that happens between the ages of 9 and 19.  Not quite as much between 14 and 24.  Unless you think Lucas should've required Portman to get a boob job so she didn't still look 14. :p

To Boldly Go...Again.