Author Topic: Star Wars on blu ray  (Read 5859 times)

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
Star Wars on blu ray
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:18:33 PM »
Sept 16 is the official release of all 6 movies on blu ray with deleted scenes put into them. I am thinking of getting the ultimate edition collection luckly amazon has a preorder special for 89.99 which has 9 discs. Anyone else going to get it?

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Star Wars on blu ray
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:35:16 PM »
I might have considered it if I didn't already have the saga on VHS and DVD already.  Not to mention that this version won't even have the original theatrical versions of the original trilogy.  That alone makes it not worth the money.

Not to mention that with Blu-Ray, it'll probably be way easier to tell how fake about 85-95% of the sets from the prequels are.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:47:39 AM »
Is Lucas going to be messing with them like he has with all the previous rerealease vesions?

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:04:19 AM »
Sept 16 is the official release of all 6 movies on blu ray with deleted scenes put into them. I am thinking of getting the ultimate edition collection luckly amazon has a preorder special for 89.99 which has 9 discs. Anyone else going to get it?

It's ?24 cheaper on Zavvi.  :thumbsup:
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »
Is Lucas going to be messing with them like he has with all the previous rerealease vesions?

No word on that, though some say no.  But I'm a cynic when it comes to Star Wars these days, so I'm gonna say most definitely.  Maybe this time, Han'll just offer Greedo a drink, and Greedo just shoots himself on accident.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:35:52 PM »
Well i have learned that Mr. Lucas is planning on putting all 6 movies back on theater screens but in 3D starting with Episode I sometime in 2012 with the others following about a year apart. Mo money mo money mo money

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 01:19:47 PM »
No word on that, though some say no.  But I'm a cynic when it comes to Star Wars these days, so I'm gonna say most definitely.  Maybe this time, Han'll just offer Greedo a drink, and Greedo just shoots himself on accident.

no they plan on going back and replacing all the blasters with walkie talkies,
the ewoks will suddenly speak english with an australian accent, chewie now will speak japanese but no one still has a clue wtf hes saying because of all the CG they plan on throwing in the re-re-re-re release will hit max budget, jabba will now get his 3rd make over and is now an actual 6ft tall talking slug, they switched c-3po and r2s dialouge to confuse fans, and Billy Dee Williams insisted on going back, changing the script to make Lando a hero so he could redo all his scenes and dialouge and finally get paid.

:evil:
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »

It's been confirmed that Lucas has replaced the puppet Yoda in "The Phantom Menace" with a CGI version.

And a few random scenes have been touched up slightly to get the best presentation on blu-ray. Things like the white cores in the lightsabers in the original trilogy being adjusted to fix errors from the 2004 DVDs.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/314096/lucasfilm-on-star-wars-the-complete-saga-blu-ray-hands-on-report
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/314106/lucasfilm-on-star-wars-the-complete-saga-blu-ray-part-ii-matthew-wood
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/starwarsbds/preview.html

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »
no they plan on going back and replacing all the blasters with walkie talkies,

Dude....you watch too much South Park :P
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »

Hey, it happened with ET.

So they're touching up effects...blast it.  Maybe I'll wait until a set hits clearance.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »

no such thing as too much  :dontcare: :P
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 05:15:51 PM »
Hey, it happened with ET.

So they're touching up effects...blast it.  Maybe I'll wait until a set hits clearance.

So, you'd rather that the original saber effects were left in, so that it looks like they are fighting with coloured fluorescent tube bulbs, lol?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18:08 PM »
So, you'd rather that the original saber effects were left in, so that it looks like they are fighting with coloured fluorescent tube bulbs, lol?
speaking about sabers, I do hope they'll fix Luke's 'teal-white' saber and then 'green' saber from Ep IV ... kinda feels strange when it jump colors like 3 times throughout whole movie :P

If I recall correctly from VHS I had many years ago, it was very faint blue all the time but since ILM shoved some silly scenes during Luke and Obi arrival at Mos Eisley and not so silly fight sequences over the DS, Lukes saber became tealish, light blue and even completely white  :lostit:

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »
speaking about sabers, I do hope they'll fix Luke's 'teal-white' saber and then 'green' saber from Ep IV ... kinda feels strange when it jump colors like 3 times throughout whole movie :P

If I recall correctly from VHS I had many years ago, it was very faint blue all the time but since ILM shoved some silly scenes during Luke and Obi arrival at Mos Eisley and not so silly fight sequences over the DS, Lukes saber became tealish, light blue and even completely white  :lostit:

Actually, the saber was originally almost totally white.  But yes, the green was weird.  But you know, somehow I doubt it'll get fixed.

That's why I have the DVD set with the theatrical versions. ;)

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 07:34:29 AM »
the reason ANH's take on luke's saber was white-ish was 'cause the FX guys and lucas were Noobs at the time.  they were dropping the "plasma" over a Lucite Rod (used for the actual fencing scenes), and didn't quite match it up.  even in his anniversary edition, they weren't right, yet.  even vader's saber was only mediocre.  you can still see the jump when they have the actors freeze so they can switch out to the rodded handles.  and what do you mean the green was wrong?  you mean in RoJ? I heard that was a screw up in the FX department or something, and lucas rolled with it, making the Green Blade the "master's edition" color (though you can VERY obviously see the young padawans sporting a mix of green and blue blades in Ep 2's academy scene)

and, for those who HAVEN'T heard yet; the reason Mace's saber was purple?  so Samuel L Jackson's momma could spot him in crowd scenes :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 08:19:51 AM »
The green that we're referring to is in the DVD version of A New Hope.

Basically piss-poor editing on LucasFilm's part.

And in Return of the Jedi, that was NOT a screw up.  They switched it over to green when the realized that blue didn't show up very well on Tatooine.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »
somebody musta REALLY screwed up in between releases, then, 'cause there's not a drop of green in my ANH anniversary widescreen.  i bet they did it during the "add Hayden in" releases.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
somebody musta REALLY screwed up in between releases, then, 'cause there's not a drop of green in my ANH anniversary widescreen.  i bet they did it during the "add Hayden in" releases.

Yes. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  That and Han shooting after Greedo are my ONLY gripes about the special editions.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 06:36:02 PM »
HAN SHOT FIRST !  :funny

I think I still have that shirt somewhere :P

and, for those who HAVEN'T heard yet; the reason Mace's saber was purple?  so Samuel L Jackson's momma could spot him in crowd scenes :P
I always thought about it like that : Samuel usualy shout's really loud really often... to be honest his movies are almost every time about a cop or gangsta that walks around and yells... but here comes Mace Windu, peaceful, quiet monk... he cannot yell, not eve talk loudly ... soooo... he weilds screming pink blade that yells in the crowd of greens and blues : 'I am sick and tired of those mother****ing sith, in this mother****ing movie, so I have this mother****ing P.I.M.P. saber !!!'

:funny :funny :funny

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 07:56:06 PM »
Humorously, when it came to wrapping up on Revenge of the Sith, Samuel wanted to keep his lightsaber hilt as a memento.  The crew made sure to engrave "BMF" on the pommel for him. :evil:

To Boldly Go...Again.