Author Topic: Star Wars on blu ray  (Read 5863 times)

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
Re: Star Wars on blu ray
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 12:56:35 PM »
Easily explained.  There's a great deal of growth that happens between the ages of 9 and 19.  Not quite as much between 14 and 24.  Unless you think Lucas should've required Portman to get a boob job so she didn't still look 14. :p

or just had an actor that actually WAS 14, then hired portman, wich would have made a hell of alot more sence
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 01:41:35 PM »
or just had an actor that actually WAS 14, then hired portman, wich would have made a hell of alot more sence

You act like Lucas had this all planned out. lol

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2011, 03:27:57 PM »
im going to play my "dartboard" card and run away.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 01:44:02 AM »

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 03:55:59 AM »
Nooooo !!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!  now I regret I can't throw George down the shaft Vader threw the Emperor.... I don't know why he's doing it ... does he really think people are so stupid ? was that scene really so hard to understand... also no matter what they do to ewoks it won't help :P

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
The Ewok eye blink is actually a change that is GOOD.  Vader saying "Nooooo" is...well, unnecessary.  Wouldn't that deep baritone have alerted the Emperor that something bad was about to happen to him?  I will say, however...it sounds a helluva lot better than how he said it in Revenge of the Sith.  CGI Yoda in Phantom Menace?  Hell yes.  The puppet in that movie looked like crap.  Obi-Wan's new Krayt dragon imitation?  What was wrong with the first one?  And the newest Han vs Greedo...honestly, in this one, you blink, you miss Greedo's shot...still not right, but a damn sight better than the first time he changed it.

One thing I will say...I was rewatching A New Hope the other night on DVD(the special edition version) and when it came to the TIE fighters vs. the Millennium Falcon scene, there were very, VERY obvious matte shots that weren't cleaned up.  I hope that'll be fixed for the Blu-ray...

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 08:49:11 AM »
shadow: wait a minute, they STILL haven't cleaned up those bloody squares around the TIE's ??!
*facepalm*

compared to the ORIGINAL yoda muppet in ESB, the one they used in ep 1 looked pretty dang good (and yoda actually looked YOUNGER, for once)
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 09:25:32 AM »
shadow: wait a minute, they STILL haven't cleaned up those bloody squares around the TIE's ??!
*facepalm*

They hadn't for the most recent DVD releases(which is where Luke's lightsaber in ANH was inexplicably green), but hopefully they will for the Blu-ray.  I mean, if a fan working on something in his spare time can do that, why can't LucasFilms and ILM?

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »
They hadn't for the most recent DVD releases(which is where Luke's lightsaber in ANH was inexplicably green), but hopefully they will for the Blu-ray.  I mean, if a fan working on something in his spare time can do that, why can't LucasFilms and ILM?

BUDGET
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
most of space scene bear those damn squares (most obvious examples are already mentioned Tie's vs. Falcon, Luke's departure from Hoth / arrival on dagobah, various shots of asteroid field, various ROTJ shots ...

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »
Mr SW himself has made a last minute change in a scene where the emperor is shooting lightning bolts at luke in ROTJ dialouge is added to vader
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/nooo-george-lucas-makes-more-changes-original-trilogy-191605319.html

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »
either Greedo is a blind sucker or hes a loose cannon ... it's a real waste to miss from point blank range while being a bounty hunter ... George prooved again he lacks common logic ... not to mention the Noooo ! Noooooooooooooo !!! scene ...... :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: :picardfacepalm: <Jimmy, is there a limit of use of these ??? >

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »
I will say though, this iteration of Greedo shoots first, he shoots by maybe a millisecond faster than Han.  Blink fast enough and it's almost like Han shot first anyways. :funny

I just wish someone at LucasFilms had the guts to say, "George.  No.  No, no, no."  Ewoks and other aliens blinking?  Great!  Makes sense!  Vader saying, "No...NOOOO!!!" right before tossing the Emperor doesn't.  I mean, in a way it does, but seriously.  Palpatine would have to be pretty damn high on hubris tower or f-ing deaf to not hear that deep baritone and realize that his plan is about to head deep south.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
you know to be honest it took 7 or 8 times watching the remasters to realize that greedo actually shot.... when i realized it i was like "HWUUUUUUUH??"
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »
That's because, despite the backlash, Lucas doesn't want to make it back the way it was, but in order to "appease" the fans, each re-release, the gap between when Greedo shoots and Han shoots gets smaller.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 10:47:31 PM »
Arggh...if he wants to make us all happy...

MAKE HAN SHOOT FIRST!  it's that simple.

This entire sh!t about Vader also...well sucks, While it adds to the dramatic effect, well let's just say...I agree with Shadowknight
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2011, 01:26:23 PM »
Derp
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2011, 07:10:02 PM »
For the changes, I don't mind the first 'no' but the second one turns me off.