Author Topic: BF3 vs MW3  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
Re: BF3 vs MW3
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »
Damn it i have to wait till friday.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »
Damn it i have to wait till friday.

thats right.... euro release isnt till the 28th..... sorry mate, ill let you know how it is before hand ;)
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 12:37:13 AM »
JUST picked up my copy........
guys, you WANT the limited edition, it COMES with an M1911 pistol, but you have to join the EA Gunclub, no big friggin deal..... i LOVE that pistol.

the return to kirkland expansion is NOT up on the serves yet, and EA does not know WHEN that will happen.
but from what i was told, it SHOULD be by the time e European release is out.

so for those overseas who STILL have a chance to preorder the game..... what the hell are you waiting for?!??!?

DO IT
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
CyAn1d3: It's called "Back to Karkand" (as in the name of the BF2 map "Strike at Karkand"), but the rest sound absolutely accurate.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 06:37:16 PM »
CyAn1d3: It's called "Back to Karkand" (as in the name of the BF2 map "Strike at Karkand"), but the rest sound absolutely accurate.

Sue me.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
What's with the hostility?

All I did, was correct the spelling. A typo is one thing, and I wouldn't remark on such minutae. But when you completely misstype the name of the map (pack), how is it wrong for me to point that out?
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 07:28:07 PM »
And this was completely pointless to report... please only use that button on the major infractions.

All I am going to say here is that both of you need to step back and cool.

A correction of a typo does not need to escalate into a fight.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »
It's not wrong just a little rude IMO.  Carry on men.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »
What's with the hostility?

All I did, was correct the spelling. A typo is one thing, and I wouldn't remark on such minutae. But when you completely misstype the name of the map (pack), how is it wrong for me to point that out?

no no hostility. just friendly sarcasm :P
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »
FIRST IMPRESSIONS -

Actually pretty impressed. Extremely impressed.

On a console, the game manages to be lucid, fluid, and responsive. I always found BFBC2 to be clunky at best and terrible at worst on a console. BF3 smashed my expectations with its beauty and wondrous gameplay. The shooting finally feels good - I had major problems with the choppy, unresponsive gunplay in BFBC2.

I must say I am sick of the hype BF is getting (mostly for not being CoD) but it's a fine game...not a game good enough to distract me from Halo Reach (w/ godly title update :D)

Will give my thoughts on MW3 when said time has arrived.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »
It's not wrong just a little rude IMO.  Carry on men.

So you wouldn't be annoyed by people typing things incorrectly, when it's easier to write it more properly? Karkand (7 letters), Kirkland (8 letters). One is correct, the other is not. The incorrect one is exactly 1 letter longer to type out. Perhaps my annoyance stems from years of experience from people mistyping a word such as "rogue", and instead typing "rouge". The two might spell similarly, but they are miles apart for what they are meant to be.

To Nebula: I reported the post, since it was (in my opinion), quite offensively written, even if CyAn1d3 later clarified it was meant as sarcasm. I thought the report function is meant for various reasons, including reporting such things you find offensive. Perhaps I was mistaken.

TL;DR: Sarcasm is not always understood by the person on the receiving end.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »
ok enough drama ffs!

So you wouldn't be annoyed by people typing things incorrectly, when it's easier to write it more properly? Karkand (7 letters), Kirkland (8 letters). One is correct, the other is not. The incorrect one is exactly 1 letter longer to type out. Perhaps my annoyance stems from years of experience from people mistyping a word such as "rogue", and instead typing "rouge". The two might spell similarly, but they are miles apart for what they are meant to be.
ok - seriously??  
no one likes the spelling police or nitpickers...  you didnt need to point out a spelling error, you know...  you could have just left it alone...  frankly, i found your post to be slightly sour, and your post to trim even moreso - the tone is so arrogant sounding and snotty...  besides, im fairly sure everyone understood what CyAn1d3 meant and the thread would have gone on just fine without the spelling error not having been pointed out as it was...

To Nebula: I reported the post, since it was (in my opinion), quite offensively written, even if CyAn1d3 later clarified it was meant as sarcasm. I thought the report function is meant for various reasons, including reporting such things you find offensive. Perhaps I was mistaken.
the post was not offensively written, youre just being a bit hypersensitive and almost seemingly looking for a problem...
nebula is correct - the report post button should only be used if someone is posting something that is a serious breach of forum rules...  someone saying "sue me" is hardly a breach of forum rules - if you felt CyAn1d3 was being snotty to you it is only because you were seemingly being snotty to him by playing spelling police...
a moderator should be PMed if you feel someone is being offensive to you...  the report post button is not there to alert the entire staff that you didnt like what someone posted to you...

DT - all due respect but you are being too argumentative and tense, this is the second thread ive recently seen you be confrontational... you know i respect you personally, but youre being a bit intense...

also - when a staff member makes a point, thats the end of it - there is no more back-talking and debating with them; you really should know better than this...

this matter is now closed and this topic will please move on and get back ontopic...  any more arguing, debating, nitpicking, rudeness, snotty tones, etc - any of this from anyone will not go over well... 
please guys - lets just drop this here and move on ok?  thx :)

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 11:16:49 PM »

anyone else notice how much of a pain in the arse the planes and heilos are to fly?
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2011, 11:32:43 PM »
did you invert the axis on the controls? that makes it much easier lol
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 12:07:19 PM »
did you invert the axis on the controls? that makes it much easier lol

nope, though when i get home tonight ill have to give it a shot.

if i could swap the mapping between the left and right thumbsticks (ps3) it wouldnt be that much of an adjustment.....

(funny story)

i was playing rush last night @ caspian border, and spawned in one of the Hueys as a passenger, the "pilot" was heading to the attack points and was flying the thing pretty good, i figured id drop in behind everything, sneak in and take out the points, im gunning down guys in the open field, racking up kills and whatnot, next thing you know the chopper goes down from a pilot fault in the MIDDLE of the 2 points, SOMEHOW i was the only one out of the bunch who survived the crash with like 8% health (probably cuz i bailed right before the chopper hit the ground) and booked it to the nearest point, i arm the charge and take cover to guard it while its ticking down and start recharging health, i get to about 25% health and climbing.. then an enemy jet smashes into the building i was taking cover in.... at least the point got taken out  :funny
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 10:29:29 PM »
Shall not stop playing until i see daylight! Kharg i love you.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »
OK Single-fire is beast-mode I had out an AK74-M playing Conquest on Caspian Border and my hit detection was soooo much better at range, the thing was like buttah.

Shotguns are so good, it's a blast to use them on TDM w/ Assault...sadly I haven't unlocked slugs yet but when I do... :evil:

For the life of me I can't fly helis even w/ inverted axes but no matter as my friend's a master and I can just hitch rides  :D

What do vous, meis amis think of TDM? Heresy in a BF game?
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 10:09:02 PM »
OK Single-fire is beast-mode I had out an AK74-M playing Conquest on Caspian Border and my hit detection was soooo much better at range, the thing was like buttah.

Shotguns are so good, it's a blast to use them on TDM w/ Assault...sadly I haven't unlocked slugs yet but when I do... :evil:

For the life of me I can't fly helis even w/ inverted axes but no matter as my friend's a master and I can just hitch rides  :D

What do vous, meis amis think of TDM? Heresy in a BF game?

for the heilos, i put my sticks on southpaw, that seemed to help AAAALLOOOOOTTT with my piloting skills, was in rush earlier and managed to circle the point with 2 gunners and kept the area clean.

i got the physical warefare pack from GS cuz i preorderd, and that shotti you get with the fletchette(?) rounds is BEAST .... although you CANT "upgrade" the damn thing

as for TDM in BF3, its not a COD style, but damn, i think its actually BETTER TBH.

oh BTW, whats the LONGEST headshot you guys got? my boy just nailed a 340 yard headshot, and i picked 5 250+ headshots in a row... HOPE you dont get caught on the buisness end of my scope  :evil: (f*cking LOVE that SV98 with the 12x scope and straight pull bolt)

PSN users, PLEASE add me: F813CyAn1d3Killa, i NEED me some good squadmates. (just let me know your from BCC)
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 04:34:19 AM »
Helo's are a pain but i have a tip. Stay in cockpit mode, you have a greater sense of orientation which keeps you stable, the same applys for jets too. TDM is also incredibly tactical for a basic run and gun game mode, would be better with viehcles to mix it up a bit. Dont use the shotgun but my M4 serves me well.

Offline Tally

• Cookies: 133
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »
my pc is loving BF3 so much...I was an avid Bf2er on pc too(AIX mod was, still is awesome), all my settings on ultra with full AA and AF....runs and looks like a wet dream, dusting my x52 flight stick off now and pc is getting hooked up to my wall mounted lcd tonight through my HD amp

Ahh happy days ahead  :yay: :yay:

MW2 stunk to high hell, got suckered for BlOps(piece of s***) apart from original CoD and ok WaW was alright, they should've stuck keeping that to WWII. Worst thing they ever did for Cod was introduce crappy perks and bs console ports for us avid pcers in that franchise

MW3 will be no different imo...same game engine...same perks system and even crappier gameplay, at least with BF series you have to earn your ranks, weapons etc with a decent amount of gameplay and above all else TEAMWORK.