Author Topic: BF3 vs MW3  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
BF3 vs MW3
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »
Well ladies and gentlemen its nearly hear possibly one of gamings biggest showdown in years but which one are you getting? They are two different games unfortunately things are turning sour between the two and EA and Activision are swapping sly remarks about the opposition's app. Regardless I'm getting BF3 been a bigger fan for longer and modern warfare 2 just didn't live up to MW1.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: BF3 vs MW3
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »
If I can, I'd get both.  If only one, BF3.  If none, well.... none. :(

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »
just didn't live up to MW1.

i disagree, though the multiplayer pretty much stayed the same, the storyline for the campaign was very good to say the least, i would definitely get both, but i lean more towards MW3, mainly because i want to see how that story unfolds more, and i REALLY want to try out that Survival Mode, however i hoping it dosnt turn out like black ops.... f*cking hate that game.  :facepalm:

though i havent played battlefield except for its multiplayer (wich wasnt that bad in my eyes, i liked the ability to change the loadouts for classes before every spawn) it still looked like a good game to me.

my only things are infinity ward getting dropped from it, the fact that the graphics didnt look too much updated in the trailers (wich one of the developers said in an interview that they were more focused on gameplay elements then graphics) and i PRAY that the developers have taken measures to permanently BAN any user using hacks... i hate those cheap cheating assholes.

all in all, i plan on getting BOTH, but im getting Skyrim BEFORE any of the two... ive been waiting on that game for EVER!!
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »
...but im getting Skyrim BEFORE any of the two... ive been waiting on that game for EVER!!

Amen, brother.  Amen. :D

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »
As sick as I am of this debate I'm getting both...and playing them after I play Combat Evolved Anniversary & Forza 4  :D!
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 09:41:26 PM »
 :( 2011 My wallet my poor wallet.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
Neither.

The whole CoD franchise became heavily convelouted around CoD 3, and every game since then, has basically been a "cut and paste" job of the game that came before it.

Battlefield suffers from exactly the same problem, just over a longer development cycle and less games.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Vedic

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 05:48:51 AM »
You can't really compare Battlefield & Call of Duty together, there to different games, one is an Run & Gun, and the other an Team work game. CoD doesn't try to be real, Battlefield dose. Battlefield doesn't try to be an Run & Gun, it an Shooter with Team work. There simply to  different games.

I also herd that BF3 will have an bad MP server loader, but I can't remember if that was  PC only, or PC & Console.

Offline Mustang

• Resident Movie Critic
  • Cookies: 46
  • Muse Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:17 PM »
I'm tired of CoD fanboys saying that the multiplayer in CoD is so much better than battlefield.

It isn't.

Battlefield multiplayer is such a drastic improvement over the copy/pasta job that is Call of Duty. It takes thought and actual skill to play multiplayer in Battlefield. Sniping especially.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 10:10:56 PM »
i just played the BF3 Multiplayer beta...

needless to say, even as a MW junkie i am IMPRESSED.
thus far the beta has beat out MW2 by a loooong shot..

soo many vast differences over MW that i cant even begin to name because ive only dabbled in BF2.

but from what ive seen i am truly impressed, the demo map is HUGE, the gunplay is waaay better than MW.
my only catch is occaisonally the screen goes blue, and stays in that hue untill you die again, im kicking that one to the fact that it is a beta build, so im just brushing it off.

i dont know if its available on Xbox live or not, but it IS on PSN, so if your a fellow PS3 owner, do yourself a favor and download the beta, its well worth the 30 minute wait TBH.

unless InfinityWard counters this and puts out a MW3 demo of SOME kind, then i think BF3 is gonna win this one before it gets going....

what did you guys think?
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 06:54:46 AM »
AFAIK it will be on XBL but won't support as many players as the PC version. I think PC will have 64 player matches and XBOX360 will have 32. Or it could be 32/16. Can't quite remember right now.
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 07:50:49 AM »
The beta is fantastic despite the scaling back on resoltions for download size. Certainly an achievment in design for 6 year old hardware, yeah consoles only get 24 players but the maps seem to do good job of hiding that fact. I cant wait!

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 01:31:06 PM »
The beta is fantastic despite the scaling back on resoltions for download size.

yea... they stood out on the 52" like a sore thumb, i was the only one in the house who noticed lol  :funny

did anyone else have the screen get "stuck" blue for a life after a deployment like i did?
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 03:41:52 PM »
yea... they stood out on the 52" like a sore thumb, i was the only one in the house who noticed lol  :funny

did anyone else have the screen get "stuck" blue for a life after a deployment like i did?

I use the 360 and from what ive heard its ps3 issue. The 360 though suffers ocassional screan tearing, the resolutions looked iffy sometimes even on my 24 inch HD. Still looks pretty though.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 04:24:31 PM »
yea i had some tearing and clipping issues as well on the PS3, not to mention the occasional pink flash.

i died and fell through the ground!
then i made the joke to my roommate, "must be a new feature to bury the corpses!"

not to mention i got "stuck" in the ground by the bridge near the first 2 assault points countless times, there were a few jitters as well, kinda like COD does when the host is changing, was sprinting down the hallway, went to enter the crawlspace there, and then suddenly appeared at the end of the hall!
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »
Just think at least we are getting a beta so the final game has a final layer of polish. The thing is hardly any of these bugs are game breaking just annoyances which a whole team can rectify in days. :D

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »
Just think at least we are getting a beta so the final game has a final layer of polish. The thing is hardly any of these bugs are game breaking just annoyances which a whole team can rectify in days. :D

oh hell yes, i have a feeling that this was put together simply to slap IW in the face and see how it did in the open for a spell.
it WOULD be nice if the perks you unlock in the beta changed over to the actual game, but i can see how it would be unfair to those who didnt participate.

what ROYALLY pisses me off as a MW fan is that there IS a beta for MW3... but its a CLOSED beta, and you have to QUALIFY for it.
what the qualifications are i have no clue... probably depends on how much you invested into Activision  :facepalm:

Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 03:31:47 AM »
Also not forgetting the websites that are up Activisions metaphorical a-hole that they'll praise it regardless. Ive been on google news 24/7 and some websites such as koutau (spelt wrong) which i thought was trusted turned out that publicity is more important.

I just want a ballenced opinion not some fanboy on both sides forcing there ideals down my neck.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 12:46:10 PM »
if there need be anymore evidence to the theory that BF3 will most likley have the lead for multiplayer... let this vid be it!!
most likley this is the PC version with the 64 player matches, but given how intense the gunfights got in the beta... it will STILL be pretty badass on the consoles

i have already dropped the 60 bucks to preorder it through gamestop, so now i will have the weapon pack AND the expansion from day one. HOWEVER, i plan on at least renting MW3 to see how the campaign story pans out, and maybe dabble with the multiplayer.
but im already sold on the BF3 multiplayer.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »
MIDNIGHT TONIGHT!!! whos gonna be at the release parties for BF3?? i WILL BE!!!

if anyone needs some squadmates on PSN, throw me an add: F813CyAn1d3Killa.

my mic is dead ATM, but i WILL be getting another cheapo next paycheck.
Cy - 1-12-15