Author Topic: BF3 vs MW3  (Read 3710 times)

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
Re: BF3 vs MW3
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
MW3 will be no different imo...same game engine...same perks system and even crappier gameplay, at least with BF series you have to earn your ranks, weapons etc with a decent amount of gameplay and above all else TEAMWORK.

from what ive read up on and seen, it looks more like a $60 expansion pack for MW2..... wich is a MAJOR bummer, they may as well have just put it up for download as a 30$ expansion...
plus i already see how the hackers and noobs are gonna exploit the new system they have in place..

also considering how Activision treated the top two head honchos @ Infinity Ward... ive lost ALOT of respect for activision and their greed...
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2011, 05:57:51 AM »

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 12:10:28 PM »
Please people, boycott BF3. It is using Origin which violates your privacy. This is a no go!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112559-Internet-Explodes-Over-Origins-Invasion-of-Privacy
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/jrk3o/eas_origin_is_creepy_and_watches_you_sleep/

ive got BF3 on PS3, and the Origins app keeps wanting to install on my comp, wich i dont allow, and never will lol.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
my pc is loving BF3 so much...I was an avid Bf2er on pc too(AIX mod was, still is awesome), all my settings on ultra with full AA and AF....runs and looks like a wet dream, dusting my x52 flight stick off now and pc is getting hooked up to my wall mounted lcd tonight through my HD amp

Ahh happy days ahead  :yay: :yay:

MW2 stunk to high hell, got suckered for BlOps(piece of s***) apart from original CoD and ok WaW was alright, they should've stuck keeping that to WWII. Worst thing they ever did for Cod was introduce crappy perks and bs console ports for us avid pcers in that franchise

MW3 will be no different imo...same game engine...same perks system and even crappier gameplay, at least with BF series you have to earn your ranks, weapons etc with a decent amount of gameplay and above all else TEAMWORK.

I was a huge BF2er too  :D my brother and I wasted our childhoods mostly playing SP Conquest on the map w/ the nuke reactors...Dailian Plant IIRC
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2011, 01:32:07 PM »
I'll say this much, the CO-OP missions in BF3 are friggin awesome!!! Thou it helps if you make sure to use voice chat with your partner, there's alot of places where you need to time your shots with your partner.

To be honest, i'm totally loving this game (despite the flags being a little too close to each other in multiplayer).
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tally

• Cookies: 133
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »
yeah Dalian Plant....me and the lads online used to goof around in the aircraft....pulling syncronised flying. then bailing out and free falling with the planes then swapping planes in mid air...lol, or one on aircraft flight deck as other zooms in and jumps out while the other hops in...hopefully without crashing and pissing off other players by wiping them out.

Any of you play the AIX mod that introduced A10's, harriers, other choppers etc etc....was friggin awesome and still have it installed now on my BF2

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »
I don't think there needs to be a vs... Bf3 wins this on all fronts. Graphics wise, it's amazing. Prove? Just watch some dx11 examples, actually you don't need to, just watch some normal gameplay footage. Mw3 looks good but somewhere it's getting average.

Gameplay, bf3 is a bit more realistic and you got some more freedom. I've played mw1-3 and black ops. It went from good to bad. Black ops was one pure rail way shooter. Press X and suddenly i see my character popping his gun and shooting, explosions all the way. It's extremely linear. Also you don't get any connection with the characters. In mw2, i had a brief moment when the character "ghost" died. It was a wtf moment. But the last game black ops, nope.
In bf3, there is a scene where everything freezes when a character dies, the music is extremely powerful and it pushes you from the current world, it's extremely powerful and definately one for in the books.

Music? Bf3, just check out youtube and listen to the ost. Yeah, bf3 wins this easily and this comes from a person who has played all the call of duties and even bought them (except for the mw2 and black ops, i rented those :D)

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »
I didn't think this would happen...but I got burnt out of BF3 for the time being, waaaayyyy too quickly. So now I'm playing mostly Gears 3 and Halo 3 (just cuz I can  :D). That being said...I['m feeling like all I need is a bit of a respite. Maybe some Conquest next week to cool my TDM jets.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »
I didn't think this would happen...but I got burnt out of BF3 for the time being, waaaayyyy too quickly. So now I'm playing mostly Gears 3 and Halo 3 (just cuz I can  :D). That being said...I['m feeling like all I need is a bit of a respite. Maybe some Conquest next week to cool my TDM jets.

ive been mostly playing rush & the squad variants.
TDM is ok, but i like the more tactical aspect of the multiplayer instead of racking up the kills lol
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 11:40:24 PM »
ive been mostly playing rush & the squad variants.
TDM is ok, but i like the more tactical aspect of the multiplayer instead of racking up the kills lol

I know I'm an absolute whore, but TDM is soooo fun! I would play more Conquest but all my friends are on PS3 and I'm on Xbox...

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 01:00:48 AM »
I know I'm an absolute whore, but TDM is soooo fun! I would play more Conquest but all my friends are on PS3 and I'm on Xbox...

..... including me lol
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 11:58:25 PM »
..... including me lol

Yes Including you  :P

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2011, 12:56:25 PM »
Yes Including you  :P

im sorry guys, i just cant bring myself to OWN an xbox.... y would i want to pay for multiplayer outside my ISP bill?
why would ANYONE? i know its a good system and all that, but thats just my basis for not ever planning on owning one lol
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
Someone complaining about Origin? You know it's no worse than Steam, right? Oh no! EA now know what games I like to play and will show me things I would potentially buy anyway!

Heaven forbid a company try to sell something.

That aside, I'm not a fan of Origin. I have Steam. I have Hi-Command (As of a few days ago). I don't need /another/ loader.

I've seen MW3 played, and I've cringed watching people try to fly helicopters in BF3 on the PS3. Meh. Tribes, Payday and Space Marine, tbh.

im sorry guys, i just cant bring myself to OWN an xbox.... y would i want to pay for multiplayer outside my ISP bill?
why would ANYONE? i know its a good system and all that, but thats just my basis for not ever planning on owning one lol

You're paying for a service that that majority of the time won't pit you against people from overseas when you don't live in the States, is self-funded (As opposed to how Network operates), and actually has a CSR team behind it (Among other rubbish like early access blah blah blah). You don't HAVE to subscribe to it, you can still buy games, DLC, demos etc... But if you're aiming to play something online on any console, they always come out on both so who cares?  :idk:

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2011, 09:17:53 AM »
Someone complaining about Origin? You know it's no worse than Steam, right? Oh no! EA now know what games I like to play and will show me things I would potentially buy anyway!

If Origin -only- did what you describe above, I would have no issue at all with it. However, it's been proven that Origin does a complete scan of both your hardware, and what software (and files) are on your system. It does -not- merely scan what games you have.

As for my objection to Origin, I feel it's an unnecessary extra step in order to play the game. For specifically BF3 (on PC), you have the following order:

- Launch Browser
- Visit Battlelog
- Locate and join server
- Origin launches (if not already launched)
- Game launches

Bad enough having the server browser via Webpage (when it worked fine for 9 years prior in BF games, being integrated into the game itself). The only way to launch a game (singleplayer, coop or multiplayer) is via Battlelog, which automatically starts up Origin, and -then- Battlefield 3. If i'm launching a SPECIFIC game (in this case BF3), from the BF3 website, shouldn't it launch the game directly, and ignore Origin completely? Origin is fine, as a downloader (much like Steam), but it should not be a requirement to run a bunch of extra apps in the background, taking up precious resources, scanning your system etc.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
So you're opposed to EA/DICE knowing the kind of specs people are running their game on? They get an idea of both the budget of their user-base and which "side" of the Graphics Armies is more prevalent.

There's also an opt-out feature.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 12:29:29 PM »
So you're opposed to EA/DICE knowing the kind of specs people are running their game on? They get an idea of both the budget of their user-base and which "side" of the Graphics Armies is more prevalent.

dosnt microsoft do something SIMILAR 24/7 whenever an error report is generated?

but the origin issues really has no effect on me as i play it on a console.
but i can imagine the feeling of intrusion.....
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 02:21:20 PM »

There's also an opt-out feature.

I don't know if you PURPOSELY chose to ignore what I said.

If Origin -only- did what you describe above, I would have no issue at all with it. However, it's been proven that Origin does a complete scan of both your hardware, and what software (and files) are on your system. It does -not- merely scan what games you have.

Scanning my hardware is fine. Scanning my installed games is fine. Scanning every individual file on harddrive is NOT fine. Also NOT fine being forced to have the program running in background.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2011, 07:15:25 PM »
Thoughts on MW3 -

Horrendous.

The maps are a giant sh*tstain and are a complete pain to do anything other than run around w/ a goddamn ACR 6.8 or UMP and spray your way into oblivion. They are bland, lacking in any semblance of variety, and cater to one play style only - running around w/ Marathon, Quickdraw, and Steady Aim or Stalker and trying to be Rambo.

The spawn system makes these ^ failures 10000x worse. I cannot believe how bad the f*cking spawns are. One time I running into a room near the middle on...Dome IIRC...w/ my Mk14 and killed a guy in the middle...only to have one spawn in the walkway behind me and another literally right where I just dropped the guy. Utter folly.

The shotguns are actually worse than they are in Black Ops (I seriously did not think this was possible in any way, shape, or form, but with the KSG12 it took me 4 shots on a 4-bar to kill a guy maybe 10m away!) it is exceedingly difficult to snipe w/ any degree of competency on these maps, and LMGs now make you move slower than Steven Hawking in marshmallow fluff, drop off badly at range, and have brutal idle sway.

All the assault rifles and SMGs are amazingly powerful, except for the simply horrendous M16A4 which borders on unusable, and all of them except the CM901 and PM-9 (just a reskinned Mini-Uzi so it was gonna be garbage) have very little recoil and stupendous range.

I would recommend a vasectomy over trying to reason w/ this pile of white dog sh*t.

RIP Infinity Ward. You certainly were not responsible for this catastrophe. West and Zampella, welcome in Respawn Entertainment, and take out the trash once and for all.