Author Topic: What does your rig look like??  (Read 724 times)

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
What does your rig look like??
« on: September 17, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »
My copy of 3D World and ImagineFX came through the post today, one of the things I love in ImagineFX are the pages on the professional Artists setups. That got me thinking as to what you lot are sat behind when your either modelling for BC or just playing it today?

I'll start the ball rolling with my current setup...

I have a nice big solid desk, comfy leather chair and a four screen setup. I use a slimline Logitech Keyboard (glowing keys) and a Logitech Performance MX Darkfield (Bluetooth) Mouse.
My four screen setup is connected to an XFX Radeon 6870 using "Eyefinity". My main centre screen is a IIyama 26" Pro monitor, to either side I have 2 High res Dell Monitors (good for image refs)
and to the left I have a 21UX Cintiq display and graphics tablet sitting on an ergotron arm for positioning. System is Quad core, 1 x SSD 100GB for the OS and Software, 1 X 500GB for Data and 1 x 500GB for backups, and has 16Gb Ram to push her along. The other screen you can see is my MSI GT729 Gaming laptop that normally pumps out the tunes to the BOSE surround sound in my study.

Its a good job I have an understanding wife  :)

So what super rigs do you guys have? Does DJ manage to create the awsome work that he does on his AMIGA 600?  :)

Please share and discuss.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: What does your rig look like??
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:41:59 AM »
You sir...I envy.

And I know you worked hard for that rig too!!! :) so I salute you!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline MarkyD

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 11:57:53 AM »
Thanks mate, ur right.. too many tours = many savings wasted on stuff i should not buy  :hithead:

But you have commented so now you gotta show ur workspace  :thumbsup: I am betting DJ and Wiley are working on Commodores  :funny and still pumping out professional results  :thumbsup:

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 12:21:53 PM »
my workspace is my lap for right now (giggity)

unable to take pics, but its an old dell laptop w/ vista and a pentium dual.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline MarkyD

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 12:29:45 PM »
my workspace is my lap for right now (giggity)

unable to take pics, but its an old dell laptop w/ vista and a pentium dual.

Thanks mate, and you produce all of your work on a laptop an nothing else, not on ur lap i am assuming, looking forward to seeing ur work area  :thumbsup:

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »
Thanks mate, and you produce all of your work on a laptop an nothing else, not on ur lap i am assuming, looking forward to seeing ur work area  :thumbsup:

yes, literally everything i do is on a laptop of some form.

unfortunately ive been moving around too much to own a desktop... but eventually ill make the investment.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 03:36:06 PM »

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 07:34:23 PM »
Thanks mate, ur right.. too many tours = many savings wasted on stuff i should not buy  :hithead:

But you have commented so now you gotta show ur workspace  :thumbsup: I am betting DJ and Wiley are working on Commodores  :funny and still pumping out professional results  :thumbsup:

Trust me I have to clean it first :P
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 07:05:36 AM »
youd laugh if i posted a pic of my rigg, cuz its tiny....LOL but if you wanna see it lemme know :D

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »
Here's my "Frankenstein" system. Has served me well over the years. I call her "Big Burtha". She sometimes gets tempermental. :D

Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »
Heres my setup including a close up of the inner components of my beefy rig which i have upgraded to a quad core as well as my office

Offline MarkyD

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »
youd laugh if i posted a pic of my rigg, cuz its tiny....LOL but if you wanna see it lemme know :D

Ya gotta show  :)

Here's my "Frankenstein" system. Has served me well over the years. I call her "Big Burtha". She sometimes gets tempermental. :D

Lol, I love your message to everyone on the top of your monitor  :D

Heres my setup including a close up of the inner components of my beefy rig which i have upgraded to a quad core as well as my office

Your own office eh...  :thumbsup: all you need now is a beautiful assistant  :angel

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »
lol heres my rigg :P
the black machine is my quadd, with my tv as its monitor, then i have my monitor linked to the cream machine (old and rundown but i may be able to fix her) also you may see some nostalgic games consoles...

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 04:36:07 PM »
Lol, I love your message to everyone on the top of your monitor  :D

I'm surprised that you can even see that with my cr*ptacular photo quality! :D

And yes, the monitor really is tilted to the side like that. I have no idea what is wrong. I have tried straightening it, but it just tilts again. The stand is perfectly straight to each end of the "desk (man I hate this metal piece of sh*t!)" as I have laid a ruler down to check. OCD does that to a person! :D

I want to get rid of the metal piece of sh*t, as well as the old rickety stand that my TV, blu-ray player, and xbox 360 currently occupy to the left side, and have all equipment on one big desk.

Problem is, I can't find one that meets the size requirements. I don't want to get one built to size as that would cost an a**load of cash which I don't have!
Can't wait for 2014 to start.