Author Topic: Doctor Who Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 20893 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
This part of the forum is for "Doctor Who" fans. I just thought that I would start if off as its coming to the end of season 4 in the UK, and the finale looks awesome, some past companions including the return of Rose, the Torchwood team, Sarah-Jane, the Daleks and the best bit of news, Davros is back and is gonna kick ass, please comment on this and anything else to do with "Doctor Who".

I know that RTD had some radical ideas for the last 2 episodes but I wasn't expecting that, lol  :lol:

Best episodes this season has to be 'Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead' and 'Midnight'.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
RE: Doctor Who Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:17:39 AM »
Hey, who turned out the lights?!

This season has been good, but I still think "The Impossible Planet" and "Satans Pit" are by far the best episodes of the new Dr. Who. But this series finale could change my mind! It looks promising.

EDIT: We may get to see K-9 again :D
MUSE!!!

admiral homer

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:08:11 PM »
I did post this in the right forum i hope lol. It is turning out to be a great end to the series. My favorate episodes so far of this season were the one with the Sontarans, i am still not keen on Donna tho, i would of rather seen Martha as the assistant in this series, but on the whole its been a great series.

Bring on the Darleks!!!!!!  :P

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 07:15:33 PM »
I did post this in the right forum i hope lol. It is turning out to be a great end to the series. My favorate episodes so far of this season were the one with the Sontarans, i am still not keen on Donna tho, i would of rather seen Martha as the assistant in this series, but on the whole its been a great series.

Bring on the Darleks!!!!!!  :P

Uhem, Daleks. :arms:

Lets just hope that the final eps this season ('The Stolen Earth', 'Journeys End') are better then the sh*t stain episodes 'Daleks In Manhatten' and 'Evolution Of The Daleks'.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Glempius

• Master of Science!
  • Cookies: 51
  • Dyin' inna fiar, plz hold
    • My Page -- Team Lynxifer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
In all honesty the best Dr Who stuff is not the TV show, its the audio stuff. By comparison the TV version is sucky.

admiral homer

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 01:06:53 PM »
Lol i liked them episodes, and iam sorry for the spelling. But to be honset i think it will p**s on all of the dalek episodes even the final in whci we said bye to rose. Well we thought we said bye to rose lol. Was trying to find a pic of the new davros, but i can only find a vid on youtube. Anywho this looks awesome, cnat wait.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »
Stickied.

admiral homer

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 03:54:00 PM »
thank u didnt think of doing that.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 05:27:34 PM »
Merge with previous thread?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 05:57:31 PM »
Holy sh!t that was a good episode!!! It's a shame Tennant is dying, a damn shame in fact. I thought he was a damn site better than Chris Eccleston. I love the subtle things they put through the series' though (Bad Wolf in S1, Torchwood in S2, Saxon in S3) and this time it was the whole "lost" thing. Twas awesome!
MUSE!!!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »
I too find it a shame. But I thought Eccleston was good too!
I wonder who is going to be making tea this time around.

I'm unsure if I'm going to be pissed off (or not) if it is solved by putting the beetle on Davros though. I mean, how that Shadow Proclamation (did anyone else find it resembling Torchwood, the old one anyway, very much?) servant said there was still something on Donna's back (or was it just the shadow thing?). Speaking of the Shadow Proclamation, I didn't notice many shadows, did anyone else? :P Loved the "I'm not an intruder" code.

If Torchwood is going to be 5 episodes next year (all in a week), then I'm wondering who with?
It doesn't seem like Gwen or Ianto survive. Never mind Sarah Jane, unless K9 pops out from under the hood (where is he anyway? Maybe I ought to have followed the Sarah Jane adventures, which, so far, seem to stop. And why didn't Harriet Jones think of Rose? It was with her that she first came to power, wasn't she? Or atleast met with the Doctor, and also when she fell from power). Sure, the sentient program (uh huh, when did they all get non-deterministic computers?), tracked her down, but still.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Glempius

• Master of Science!
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 06:59:16 PM »
I doubt very much that Tennant is actually going to die, I am expecting another RTD classic deus ex machina where everything becomes magical better. Current prevailing theories include his hand in a jar doing something, the 1 second out of sync nature of the cascading mucking things up or Donna sacrificing herself or something like that.

The main logic behind this is the fact that Tennant is confirmed for another 3 or 4 specials as the doctor and contractually down as the doctor till 2010. This logic pales however in comparison to RTD's inability to write a decent end of series finale

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 07:01:07 PM »
I doubt very much that Tennant is actually going to die, I am expecting another RTD classic deus ex machina where everything becomes magical better. Current prevailing theories include his hand in a jar doing something, the 1 second out of sync nature of the cascading mucking things up or Donna sacrificing herself or something like that.

The main logic behind this is the fact that Tennant is confirmed for another 3 or 4 specials as the doctor and contractually down as the doctor till 2010. This logic pales however in comparison to RTD's inability to write a decent end of series finale

Don't forget the beetle. ;)

Well, all shall be revealed next week anyway.

For one thing, I hope that Rose won't be ripped out of the Doctors hands like last time. :(

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 07:28:42 PM »
And why didn't Harriet Jones think of Rose? It was with her that she first came to power, wasn't she? Or atleast met with the Doctor, and also when she fell from power). Sure, the sentient program (uh huh, when did they all get non-deterministic computers?), tracked her down, but still.

It did track her down, its just the lack of a Webcam didn't allow her to participate. Plus she's supposed to be in another universe!
MUSE!!!

Offline Glempius

• Master of Science!
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 07:46:57 PM »
And by all legal human records in this universe she's dead

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 09:04:49 AM »
The Doctor doesn't even exist in the records, so? :P

Also, Harriet Jones didn't know she was gone.

Also, why didn't the sentient program not display a list with all people and addresses? ;)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 09:44:45 AM »
It seems like the season finale is going to be 65 minutes!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/s4/news/080628_news_01

And for you Ad addicts, this is without comercials. ;)

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 01:36:26 PM »

My money's on the 1 second sync, closely followed by beetle power ;)

As for Tennant being killed off, doubtful, the specials next year are supposedly having some very big names in them and it'll do his career good to be 'seen' with them.

As for the eternal death of the most faithful companion, could it not be K9? The traditional 'man's best friend'.

Thank god, its Tate's last season, she is a reasonable actress, but her character is just too jarring, and spoils the flow.

Goodbye RTD, at last!!
Warm welcome to Stephen Moffat, this series is going to be awesome again.

Offline laguardia528

• Cookies: 4
  • Inspiration comes to those who haven't got a clue
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 01:22:19 AM »
I'm thinking the "faithful companion" could be the TARDIS. After all, he treats it like a companion, always stroking it and such.... and I agree, Tate should go.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 02:56:03 PM »
I've just been watching the Doctor Who TV Movie (1996) and the TARDIS is amazing. Much better than the one from the new TV series. Seeing that makes me think the TARDIS seen in the TV series is a badly damaged one. We see the one in the movie gliding smoothly through space with no problems. The one in the series however, is seen to be erratic and jumpy when flying through the Vortex. Also things are peaceful in side the Movie TARDIS. It works by it's self and has a really impressive interior (perhaps like holodeck technology?). The TV TARDIS is bare, spartan and industrial inside and things always seem to be sparking, exploding and going wrong. It also seems to always end up in the wrong time.

There's no point in this thread, really... just wanted to give my thoughts on it :D Anyone wanna debate it???

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...