Author Topic: Doctor Who Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 20892 times)

Offline Glempius

• Master of Science!
  • Cookies: 51
  • Dyin' inna fiar, plz hold
    • My Page -- Team Lynxifer
RE: Doctor Who Series Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 05:59:29 AM »
I think the look of the TARDIS depends on who is operating it, or which regeneration ( of course, the BBC's budget too =P ) as if anyone remembers the children in need special, Peter Davidson stated in it "You've changed the desktop theme haven't you! Whats this one? Coral? It's worse than the liquid skin!" So maybe the TARDIS' desktop theme, is how it's interior looks.

so it could perhaps be like said earlier a pseudo holodeck?

Sort of, but not. When you get down to it stuff on a holo deck isn't real, it's just a bunch of photons held together with a force field or something. The TARDIS and everything in it, is real, whenever the inside of the TARDIS changes it's effectively reality being altered

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 11:33:02 AM »
Goodbye RTD, at last!!

What was the problem with him? Weren't most of the Modern Series' episodes written by him? Personally I thought they were some great storylines, always kept you coming back for more.
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline laguardia528

• Cookies: 4
  • Inspiration comes to those who haven't got a clue
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 11:34:04 AM »
he's kinda gotten monotanous.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2008, 11:37:03 AM »
He, repeated, things a tad too much. ;)

And most of the great story arcs in the series from 2005 onwards have been by Stephen Moffat (Empty Child, Blink, Family of Blood, the Library arc, etc, etc).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »
I reckon the most recent TARDIS interior is the best.

Wasn't the eye of harmony inside The Doctors TARDIS though? (Going by the 1996 movie.)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 12:46:29 PM »
If you remember, when Sarah Jane was with Tom Baker, they went into a secondary TARDIS room because the main one was having a bit of redecorating. So it looked more like Peter Davisons TARDIS room.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2008, 01:26:02 PM »
oh, hi everyone!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2008, 02:16:36 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

Offline Glempius

• Master of Science!
  • Dyin' inna fiar, plz hold
    • My Page -- Team Lynxifer
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »
Wasn't the eye of harmony inside The Doctors TARDIS though? (Going by the 1996 movie.)

It was, but since The Time War seems to have resulted in the destruction of Galifrey the eye of harmony probably got destroyed too

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2008, 09:48:12 AM »

It was, but since The Time War seems to have resulted in the destruction of Galifrey the eye of harmony probably got destroyed too

why destroyed? perhaps relocated? badly contained and uncomfortable cooped up in the tardis and therefore not pumping out reliable power?
I miss :bigdance:

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2008, 02:16:11 PM »
Just started watching the finale. This should be good!!! :D
MUSE!!!

Offline Vanguard

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2008, 04:12:11 PM »
Not enough crew, as told in the finale  :D, great finale, but it looks like they're gonna break the no parallel universe travel thing preeety quick looking at the christmas special with parallel cybermen

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2008, 05:02:25 PM »
it looks like they're gonna break the no parallel universe travel thing preeety quick looking at the christmas special with parallel cybermen

Not necessarily! Just 'cos they look the same as the parallel Cybermen, doesn't mean they are! As for the episode, I'm not quite sure. It was great, but I think some of the stuff may have been a little TOO ridiculous. I think my verdict will have to wait until I watch it again tomorrow.
MUSE!!!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2008, 05:36:50 PM »
I think this was the "OMG my end is near"-quality spike for RTD.

I quite liked it actually, though I first thought: "Oh my, they have to be kidding me" once I saw the second Doctor, but they most certainly gave a good twist to it.

And somehow, I found Dalek Caan rather, scary, for some reason.

Also, I didn't, initially, understood why that German lady was so angry with Martha, later I did, and after I looked up a word in the last line she said.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2008, 05:54:45 PM »
Wii can haz fred murg plz k thx bai.  :lol:
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,26.0.html
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline limey BSc.

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »
What did the German lady say?
MUSE!!!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2008, 05:59:50 PM »
She was wishing Martha to hell.

If I recall correctly, something like: "I hope you go to Hell".
Considering what she was planning on doing, quite right. :P

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2008, 08:28:59 PM »
I loved the daleks in german. Funniest bit of the episode. :)

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2008, 06:55:23 AM »
What an episode! It had everything. I loved the German speaking Daleks and once I saw the Doctor starting to regenerate I knew he'd use his hand in someway but I'd have never guessed in a million years at two Doctors!

I've also waited two years to see Rose get her man or should that be Timelord and thought that was a great way to but her to bed so to speak.

What I disliked was the whole Donna resolution, now she didn't start off as the greatest companion but I felt she was the most true to character, I mean I could identify with her as if I was travelling through time and space in a 1950s Policebox, which is bigger on the inside, and saw some of the things she did I'd probably react in the same way, whereas Rose and Martha seem to take it in their stride and to rob Donna of her memories at the end well I thought was a pretty cheap shot and let the episode down.

However I can't wait for Christmas to see what those Cybermen have been up to!

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2008, 08:40:07 AM »
I think the look of the TARDIS depends on who is operating it, or which regeneration ( of course, the BBC's budget too =P ) as if anyone remembers the children in need special, Peter Davidson stated in it "You've changed the desktop theme haven't you! Whats this one? Coral? It's worse than the liquid skin!" So maybe the TARDIS' desktop theme, is how it's interior looks.

so it could perhaps be like said earlier a pseudo holodeck?

Sort of, but not. When you get down to it stuff on a holo deck isn't real, it's just a bunch of photons held together with a force field or something. The TARDIS and everything in it, is real, whenever the inside of the TARDIS changes it's effectively reality being altered

So something more like the starforge then? In kotor (i know, Star wars doesn't belong here...) there's a bit on the starforge where you can order a computer to make you...armor, weapons jedi robes etc. and *poomf* it materializes right next to you a la holodeck..

Only that's not a holodeck
It *is* real!
I miss :bigdance: