Author Topic: Enigma Class 3D Model U.S.S Epic By Tobias Richter  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Enigma Class 3D Model U.S.S Epic By Tobias Richter
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 06:36:27 PM »
Yup this ship is a beast and it is right there next to my Selfridge design wise. :D

I wish I was a little better at building that ship years ago... I look at it now and see so many things I want to fix/change
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 07:44:49 PM »
I get the feeling it will always be that way. 
Even now there are things I"m still unsure about with this design.  I feel like I haven't crossed the "t's" and dotted the "i's"

Honestly if you think there is something you think you can revisit with Selfridge you should.  It's funny how you learn every day something new and you look back and want to improve what you did.  I say go for it, Nebula.

No time like the present...

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 07:22:55 AM »
hi there

do you have tech info on the new tech in this ship like the warpcores... how are they different to other cores?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2014, 02:48:20 PM »
Sweet.  Far superior to my own model.  lol  Great stuff.   :)

Offline Saquist

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2014, 03:18:27 PM »
Yeah, Hobbs

The Trek Research

Recently I discovered there was hidden tech to the new Star Fleet Warp Cores after Galaxy.  This was suggested by a member of the Sci Fi Meshes Forum (Stormcloud) and backed up by Memory Alpha. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Class_7_warp_drive

In TNG "Booby Trap" Geordi figured out how to get the warp core to accept multiple streams of matter and anti-matter to increase power to keep Enterprise's shields up and delay lethal radiation exposure to the crew.  This gave Enterprise a 14 percent boost.

Defiant's Class 7 Core physically shows 4 acceleration Tracks into the Reaction Chamber.
Voyager's Class 9 Core is stated in "Relativity" to be a Tricyclic Core capable of 3 years without refueling. While not showing a physical track like the others it's possible cyclic means the three streams suspended by a magnetic spinning spiral.  (This was suggested by James Doohan for the design of the Refit Constitution Engine Room Set Design)  This is perhaps why those cores have some similarity.
I presumed that Sovereign's Core with Six Acceleration Tracks into the Reaction Chamber was part of the reason Sovereign was able to implement Regenerative shields and perhaps why in Insurrection without the core the ship's shield power never dropped. (Capacitor Stores for the shields)

We deduced 5 Technologies developed at the Advanced Starship Design Bureau:

-Multi-stream Warp Cores
-Ablative Armor
-Regenerative Shields
-Pulse Phaser Canons
-Quantum Torpedoes

While Sovereign uses the highest number of tracks in a warp core it was too large for the Ablative Armor and the design included too many hull penetrations for it's application (Like windows, unlike Defiant and Prometheus).  We attempted to deduce if Sovereign was faster than Galaxy it seems unlikely it was capable of such speeds higher than warp 9.2 (Like Galaxy).  In the situations we are given, Sovereign was not capable of out running Scimitar despite the fact that the older Galaxy could power the Warp Engines, weapons and shields at max power and even press to Warp 9.6 for 12 hours (It's maximum output stated by La Forge).  The only reason Sovereign wouldn't be able to do the same is because of the situation and the Regenerative Shields.  In Nemesis, Sovereign's shields were clearly more powerful once they had dropped out of warp. This may imply Sovereign can achieve Warp 9.6 sustained, surpassing Galaxy's Warp 9.2 sustained, but only without powering Regenerative shields.

The advantages of Sovereign's Tech allows for a FAR more stable reactor than Galaxy ever had (Defiant, Intrepid and Sovereign's core never threaten breach from weapons damage), and The engines might be less damaging to the subspace.  

Enigma Class

The Enigma Project began as an Interceptor and Stealth Reconnaissance Starship motiated by the threat of the Second Borg Invasion as well as the Dominion threat.

Warp Engines
Enigma was designed to include all the Technologies developed by The Advanced Starship Design Bureau.
Primarily, Intrepid's high Speed advantage.  While there is no evidence the ASDB developed Variable Warp Geometry Tech it nonetheless became the foundation of the Enigma Design.  Enigma is capable of traveling 60 lightyears in just over 3 days (as opposed to more than a week)  The design of the saucer as well as the inclusion of Field enhancers to the hull stabilize the ship at high warp.

Active Stealth
Enigma's stealth, size and profile limits it's top speed from Intrepid's Warp 9.975.  
Enigma's Active Stealth uses Peripheral Subspace Masking by means of zero spin scalar fields to create a subspace dissonance between the ship and incoming subspace sensor sweeps. (a modern day ECM)  Because warp fields are also zero spin scalar fields that reduce ship's inertial interaction with the Higg's field (but more concentrated) the two systems conflict.   Enigma's passive stealth attempts to reduce the energy signature the Engines produce by storing ambient thermal and subspace energy in heat-syncs located at nose and tail of the primary nacelles allowing the active stealth field to be less pervasive.

Pulse Phaser Array
Neither Sovereign nor Prometheus incorporated the Pulse Phaser, likely as Defiant proved, to that it is a tremendous energy Hog.  Defiant may or may not have a core on par with Galaxy Class but it does require far less power to operate standard systems than the Galaxy or most other ships which at allows for a great excess of power to which can be used for the Pulse Phaser Canons. Enigma's Saucer Section has two Warp Core incorporated in the length of the warp nacelles.  These cores were introduced in the Intrepid.  They are extremely efficient and necessary in the Saucer due to limited fuel space.  They power the ships main systems but primarily power the ship's Main (and only) Pulse Phaser Array.

In order to use the technology on larger ships an array design was needed (although the current look on Enigma doesn't convey the full idea).  Enigma's Pulse phaser breaks down the emitter crystals in an array like format, the equivalent of 12 Defiant Class Phaser canons.  The released energy is then accelerated by repulser fields to high velocities at targets within a lateral 120 degrees and 95 degrees vertical.  Each pulse is only equvialent to 2x Defiant's total output but the great pulse speed exceeds previous accelerators.  Accuracy still suffers and computer controlled targeting varries the firing between 1/2 a degree depending on distance for sure strikes.

The discharge appears not as a beam but a full arc of energy, like a rapid fiery blade of nadeonic plasma.

Ablative Armor & Regenerative Shields

Armor is best utilized on Warship with limited hull penetrations.  Enigma required many penetrations do to it's large size.  The armor was thus applied to localized sections of the hull and windows were restricted to certain decks in the Saucer and completely eliminated in the Secondary Hull (except for flight control)  

-In most scenario's the ship's regenerative shields are fully available, even at warp, However the Saucer Section would lack the power to both fire the Main Gun and utilize full power to Regenerative shields.. (The Main Gun can not be fired at warp)

-The Stardrive would be capable of full regenerative shields even at warp.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2014, 04:53:01 AM »
Nice!
very well thought out :)
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Saquist

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2014, 10:48:43 AM »
Nice!
very well thought out :)

Thanks, I've had a long time to think about it.

...and now for something truly amazing...

My exact words when I open the Email this morning were: "Oh my God..."

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2014, 11:56:30 AM »
My exact words when I open the Email this morning were: "Oh my God..."
QFT

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »
Dude. The skin on that is f-ing amazing! I'm loving this ship.

Adam

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »
Oh my God indeed  :eek this is one of the best fan made ship I've ever seen. I do hope this will be made for BC or in future for Excalibur too ;)

Offline hobbs

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2014, 04:52:46 PM »
 :eek indeed very impressive... i didnt say a word when i saw the pics but my eyebrows rose into my hairline.... an impressive feat considering where my hairline is these days lol also i think i stoped mid breath lol

:yay:

Offline nxadam1701

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2014, 01:11:31 PM »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2014, 06:33:45 PM »
daaaaaamn that's a quality  :thumbsup:

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2014, 11:13:48 PM »
simply awesome
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:14 PM »
congrats.... your design looks great bet you are well pleased!

Offline nxadam1701

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 12:43:57 PM »
This must be converted or done for bc.
It's a beautiful design n really executed well.
I'm happy for you. I know it must feel fantastic when your baby comes to life like this has.

Adam

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 08:43:28 PM »
This must be converted or done for bc.
It's a beautiful design n really executed well.
I'm happy for you. I know it must feel fantastic when your baby comes to life like this has.

Adam

well said :)

Offline Saquist

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2014, 10:22:22 AM »
Indeed Adam, this has been remarkable and fulfilling experience.  

I'm hoping there will be a few more pictures after this with the ship in theatrical settings, but that is up to Tobias.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/9085/4r32.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img824/4482/v2m2.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img194/6944/jzc7.jpg