Author Topic: Enigma Class 3D Model U.S.S Epic By Tobias Richter  (Read 4161 times)

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
Re: Enigma Class 3D Model U.S.S Epic By Tobias Richter
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2014, 10:47:21 AM »
That's what I forgot to ask you, where are the pulse phaser launchers located?

Adam

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
It's that dark band just above the auxiliary deflector.

Offline nxadam1701

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »
Ty

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2014, 06:31:03 AM »
I'll be honest, it's not my favorite design in the world, but damn does Tobias know how to execute a project.

Surprised no one has asked yet, but is the saucer separation going to happen too?

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2014, 08:51:56 AM »

Adam,

-Farshot is correct the forward array, what I refer to as the main gun, is the pulse phaser canons.

---
Farshot,

Enigma started out as a ship I wanted to just look good.  Now, though, it's more about design but some of those whimsical things are still there. 
-I have no plans to show a separation at this level of work.  It's still not completely correct for that on this version.  This project was commissioned to:  1.Complete my Dream, 2. Showcase my Design skills, 3. To Give Cordanilus something to go by on his model.

-I approached many artist on the project but Tobias expressed a strong appreciation for the design.  That was necessary because certain areas were still incomplete in my head. (particularly the Saucer Warp engines) He also pressed my creative side hard and quickly.  He quickly showed he understood the concept, where I failed in the details of the model he excelled.

There are still other projects from this time period I'd like to do.
Romulan Gunship "Warglide"
Romulan Warbird Predator (where Enigma was constructed)

---

-I don't know how long the animation will take but Tobias will feature it on his website and likely You Tube with his other ships
-I've requested 3 more promotional shot shots of the ship as wall papers

That should wrap up the Enigma

Offline Saquist

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2014, 10:26:50 AM »
Last Few Images to repoduce the original images for Enigma.

And the original shots.

Full size will be available later.

Offline nxadam1701

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2014, 10:38:40 AM »
Saquist, can you give a little description on the main gun array.
I'm so use to the defiant type cannon, this seems like an array.
Do the pulses resemble that of JJprise red pulses used on the enterprise in terms of dispersal pattern. Trying to get a picture of how this weapon works??? Thanks.

Adam

Offline Saquist

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2014, 11:23:17 AM »
The Main Gun isn't fully realized in Tobias' Version of Enigma. 
The size is right but it should stand out a bit more (This will require further designing on my part)

Pulse Phaser Array

Enigma's Pulse phaser breaks down the emitter crystals in an array like format, the equivalent of 12 Defiant Class Phaser canons.  The released energy is then accelerated by repulser fields to high velocities at targets within a lateral 120 degrees and 95 degrees vertical.  Each pulse is only equvialent to 2x Defiant's total output but the great pulse speed exceeds previous accelerators.  Accuracy still suffers and computer controlled targeting varries the firing between 1/2 a degree depending on distance for sure strikes.

The discharge appears not as a beam but a full arc of energy, like a rapid FIERY BLADE of nadeonic plasma.

Single Fire Mode (Blade Mode)

Largely for capital ships.  Each canon fires on the same target. 
The plasma is attenuated in a wide focus (instead of point focus)
The plasma pulses wouldn't converge though (in game it would have to)
It would like Defiant's guns and this image (http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120820000536/powerlisting/images/e/e3/Fire_Sword_Wallpaper_yvt2.jpg)

Multi Fire Mode (Scatter fire)
In Scatter fire mode the Array acts more like Defiant.  We know arrays can do that because of the Second Part of Best of Both Worlds TNG.  The antimatter Spread Ability and it would look like that only with Defiant's pulses...just as fast but obviously more deadly than the antimatter spread.

This ability is for smaller objects.
The targeting sensors are far more accurate in this mode
Each two segments act as a single "gun" and can fire independent of the others choosing different targets.

(http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130213024517/memoryalpha/en/images/8/88/Antimatter_spread.jpg)

----

I designed the idea as soon as I saw Defiant.  Even now Defiant is superior to Sovereign and Prometheus.  Nothing compares to those forward guns.  Sovereign can only attack Defiant with phasers but the ship's strength is torpedoes.  Defiant will be using all of it's weapons.  Same thing for Prometheus.  Mismatch. 

Ablative Armor would only delay the inevitable and Regenerative shields need at least a little time to return.  When a ship as small as defiant can sit on one vector and hammer through your defenses and out maneuver you it becomes the superior ship.  Even as I designed Enigma, Defiant has good chance at taking it down.  Prometheus Multi Vector assault mode is it's best bet and is why the main gun is on the saucer section of Enigma.

(This because Romulan ship Warglide (another design) was made to match Defiant.)

You can google Romulan Warglide and see early ideas of the ship.

Warglide Concept

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8000/warglidewingward.jpg
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4432/warglide.jpg

Offline Saquist

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 10:09:46 AM »
The Very Short Video is available on Youtube

http://youtu.be/DQ1qjIOPJOs

The model will be made available to those interested especially
Cordanlius, should you continue the BC Version.  That concludes content for this thread.

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
Yup, still working on it.  Have to rebuild certain parts from scratch.  But that's okay, more practice for me. :P

Edit:
Can I get an Ortho view of the ship, but all separate pictures and higher quality?

Edit Part 2:
NVM, I see you have more pictures on imageshack.