Author Topic: Is Warp 13 Possible?  (Read 581 times)

Offline Maverick

• Cookies: 1
Is Warp 13 Possible?
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:25:29 AM »
Recently I watched ST:TNG "All Good Things" and saw the E-D Dreadnought and the USS Pasteur able to travel at speeds greater then the warp 10 limit. They were able to travel at warp 13 so my question is this is it possible to have a ship in Bc travel faster then warp 9.99999 ?
I know theres slipstream , but I am just curious about raising the warp limit on a few ships i.e. galaxy dreadnought the Olympic class? Any and all ideas/comments welcome.

Refrences:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Good_Things..._(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)
http://www.cbs.com/shows/star_trek_the_next_generation/video/TenM2_ENhqQxbaatKhfbw2n6vMZp81iM/all-good-things-
Qprisbrey

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Is Warp 13 Possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 10:07:34 AM »
Couple of things to point out here.  Firstly, all that could mean is that they re-wrote the warp factor scale.  They did it before, they could do it again.  Secondly, warp 13 was a joke.  The writers wanted the "future" to seem a bit on the outrageous side.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:26:44 AM »
I agree with Shadow, it was likely a change in warp scale as done before.

Offline Maverick

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 12:00:59 PM »
all physics aside is it possible to to have up to warp 13 in game?
Qprisbrey

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:41 PM »
all physics aside is it possible to to have up to warp 13 in game?

Using which mod?

NanoFX 2.0?
No, as the mod never implemented changeable warp speed.

Change Warp Speed 2.0?
Yes, you need to edit the scale however.

Galaxy Charts?
It's using CWS 2.0 so you just need to adjust the scale (I think). Beware of unknown consequences of course for the AI travel.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Maverick

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 05:51:45 PM »
Using which mod?

NanoFX 2.0?
No, as the mod never implemented changeable warp speed.

Change Warp Speed 2.0?
Yes, you need to edit the scale however.

Galaxy Charts?
It's using CWS 2.0 so you just need to adjust the scale (I think). Beware of unknown consequences of course for the AI travel.

I'm not entirely sure Mario currently running Km2011 with ds9fx xtended installed after Km.
I'm new here so not sure what program would be regulating the game. My best guess would be ds9fx xtended or Km2011.
I know Km or Ds9fx has a differen't form of change warp speed up to 9.98?
Mario do you still have a copy of the last Bcut you released on these forums? Thanks in advance m8.
Qprisbrey

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 06:43:31 PM »
I'm not entirely sure Mario currently running Km2011 with ds9fx xtended installed after Km.
I'm new here so not sure what program would be regulating the game. My best guess would be ds9fx xtended or Km2011.
Mario do you still have a copy of the last Bcut you released on these forums? Thanks in advance m8.

Lol Mario made DS9FX, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 08:29:42 PM »

If I'm not mistaken the latest KM already has DS9FX Xtended which is optimized for KM instead of the stock Xtended. KM has a lot of cool new features, fixes etc but it also contains a lot of different mods made by various different authors from over the years. If you're running the latest KM then it's galaxy charts which need to be modified to adjust the warp scale. Galaxy Charts changeable warp speeds runs my CWS 2.0 underneath it, however it was most likely modified heavily so I couldn't say with certainty what needs to be modified exactly to increase the scale without reading the code myself and studying it in depth.

I never implemented such a feature in DS9FX. I did however write a different script for NanoFX 2.0 called CWS 2.0. That codebase is powering GC's changeable warp speeds.

I have the installer but it seems that I've lost the source code.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Maverick

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 05:57:39 PM »
If I'm not mistaken the latest KM already has DS9FX Xtended which is optimized for KM instead of the stock Xtended. KM has a lot of cool new features, fixes etc but it also contains a lot of different mods made by various different authors from over the years. If you're running the latest KM then it's galaxy charts which need to be modified to adjust the warp scale. Galaxy Charts changeable warp speeds runs my CWS 2.0 underneath it, however it was most likely modified heavily so I couldn't say with certainty what needs to be modified exactly to increase the scale without reading the code myself and studying it in depth.

I never implemented such a feature in DS9FX. I did however write a different script for NanoFX 2.0 called CWS 2.0. That codebase is powering GC's changeable warp speeds.

I have the installer but it seems that I've lost the source code.
Thanks for the response sounds like it's possible, but not without making the game a mess oh well. Thanks for the info. your right Km2011 does have a form of ds9fx xtended but not all the ships thats why I installed it over Km.
If you happen to find the source or can re-package the last Bcut let me know plz and ty again m8.
Qprisbrey

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
Source code = This allows me to re-compile the app and create new versions. Lost this one.
Installer = I have the last version which was released.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24038408/BCUT.7z
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Maverick

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 11:33:30 AM »
thanks a mill mario  :dance
Qprisbrey