Author Topic: DS9 Ops - bridge WIP from start to finish  (Read 8784 times)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: DS9 Ops - bridge WIP from start to finish
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 08:44:51 AM »
Too bad we can't make Sisko's office window with animated background simulating rotation of the station , or can we ? :D

could you have a long wrap around view screen which manages to go round to the window?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 10:22:32 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words   :)  As I'm trying to get it as close to canon as can (?), just think it's ok so far but glad people seem to like it.  It's a bugger to do, though  :D  Been on a massive DS9 rewatch to get screencaps, and as soon as think got something right, suddenly find 'oh, it's meant to be like that', so all gets changed. Anyway, gives me summat to do in spare time...

could you have a long wrap around view screen which manages to go round to the window?
Guess anything is possible.  Hopefully will come up with something...

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
goddamn lurok, youre absolutely amazing and totally Bridge God status  :dance :yay: :bow:
how i wish you were here just a few years ago when 3rd era was going strong and active, before they all left to excalibur...
:)
nevertheless, even if youre late to the party - youre doing amazing shit for BC and i personally cant thank you enough  :D

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2012, 01:08:17 AM »
Lurok, as usual I have some good DS9 sound effects for when you get to that stage, including the genuine DS9 red alert sound that I personally extracted a while back.  ;)   If you'd like I'd be happy to send them over; I've been using them for the Galor bridge for some time.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2012, 05:21:43 AM »
Thanks,N  :)  Be a while though before at that stage. But send anyway.  In meantime just some more WIP.  The rails were a right pain in the a**.  And I can see the viewscreen being a challenge.  At this stage most of the basic elements in place (roof has been done separately) , so apart from finishing off furniture and that engineering arm, most of work now going to be lots of mesh vertex and texture tweaking.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2012, 07:49:23 PM »
Impressive Work, Lurok!  :thumbsup:

I know some DS9 freaks who would absolutely "flip" over this set! Though, I really need too start checking this place out more often...

BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
I know some DS9 freaks who would absolutely "flip" over this set!
indeed!!  how many times in BC's history has this been tried and never panned out??  somehow i think lurok will make it happen :)

I really need too start checking this place out more often...
yeah, bitch, you really do ffs!  lol  :smack:  :P  :kiss:
lol j/k
*runs*
you and me go back for many years, dont make me have to drag your tired ass back to the bar all the time now, you dont make it easy :P
remember back in the day when we were so young? 
ugh now we're tired old queens lol :P
 :drink2:

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »
HEY...i'm the "tired old queen" around here, wiseguy!  :funny

considering there's a brand new DS9 to go with it's ops, I can't wait.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »
LOL @ Jimmy & King Class Scout :P

I get bored every now and then. I only start yapping when I see exceptional works being produced, and Lurok's w.i.p.'s have certainly caught my attention. I know c2x tried to convert this set way back when, but did not know how to open the DS9 the Fallen's .DMS file, that was back in 2003.

@Lurok:

I have a theory, On how you can work around the OPS's main viewscreen issue. Make the OPSviewscreen.NIF mesh oval, just slightly larger than the OPS viewscreen, and apply it that way. It should resolve the rectangular issues.

BR32

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 01:18:28 PM »
Man, that would have been a bitch to get that thing into BC back then.  I had no idea C2 tried it.  Was dasher and his foundation even around back then? :/
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »
Man, that would have been a bitch to get that thing into BC back then.  I had no idea C2 tried it.  Was dasher and his foundation even around back then? :/

I never had any dealings with Dasher42, but Foundation is the bases for BC modding. One would not be able to make any mods for BC without it.

Back then, by 2003, I believe the Dreamyards Nebula, Defiant, NX-01, Excalibur and Intrepid bridge sets were out. I known guys, (myself included) who have experimented with porting Unreal Tournament maps and Elite Force: II sets too Bridge Commander. You would be surprised what people don't show publicly.

Lurok's work on the OPS sets for example, is the closest I've seen to date, that surpasses the DS9: the Fallen set. I can't wait to see the finished product! For me, personally- It will be the final jewel in my DS9FX Xtended install :)

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »
I never had any dealings with Dasher42, but Foundation is the bases for BC modding. One would not be able to make any mods for BC without it.

Back then, by 2003, I believe the Dreamyards Nebula, Defiant, NX-01, Excalibur and Intrepid bridge sets were out. I known guys, (myself included) who have experimented with porting Unreal Tournament maps and Elite Force: II sets too Bridge Commander. You would be surprised what people don't show publicly.

Lurok's work on the OPS sets for example, is the closest I've seen to date, that surpasses the DS9: the Fallen set. I can't wait to see the finished product! For me, personally- It will be the final jewel in my DS9FX Xtended install :)

I've been around since near enough the beginning of BC but I had no idea that people had gotten maps from UT in!

Surely you remember me from BCU blackie? :P

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 09:05:34 PM »
I've been around since near enough the beginning of BC but I had no idea that people had gotten maps from UT in!

Surely you remember me from BCU blackie? :P

Of Course :)

I'm really excited about Lurok's work, because I remember a time,(as I'm sure you do) when we had NO modded Bridges, only a ton of retextures of the Galaxy & Sovereign sets. I've been around since before the BC was released, when BCU was BCN in 2001. Now, those things people claimed what was impossible- well kinda is, lol. It's good to see modders like Lurok pushing the envelope.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 04:43:17 AM »
Engineering arm and ceiling

Offline Morgan

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »
 :drool:

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »
Of Course :)

I'm really excited about Lurok's work, because I remember a time,(as I'm sure you do) when we had NO modded Bridges, only a ton of retextures of the Galaxy & Sovereign sets. I've been around since before the BC was released, when BCU was BCN in 2001.
Oh yes I remember all too well.  I thought I was the mother effing bomb when I installed my first retexture!
I do miss the stock sovvie viewscreen though.  The canon one just doesn't sit right with me.
Now, those things people claimed what was impossible- well kinda is, lol. It's good to see modders like Lurok pushing the envelope.
damn right it is.  We need more people to push! I can't push mind you given that I injured my shoulder in the gym a few nights back.  Pull-up bar decided to divorce the wall while I was using it :/

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 09:39:25 PM »
Engineering arm and ceiling

That is just some astounding work, Lurok!

BR, C_O, Jimmy mind if I pull up a pew - it's nice to reminisce about the good old days. Any of you kids come with me from the KA.com forum?
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:23 AM »
It's time to say it properly like noobs do : YAY!

COOKIE!

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2012, 12:09:33 AM »
I do miss the stock sovvie viewscreen though.  The canon one just doesn't sit right with me.damn right it is.

Uhm, watch Fist Contact Obvious.  Stock viewscreen IS canon.  They just updated it for Insurrection and Nemesis.

Lurok, I envy you my friend.  You're DEFINITELY pushing the envelope here!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2012, 08:26:00 AM »
Uhm, watch Fist Contact Obvious.  Stock viewscreen IS canon.  They just updated it for Insurrection and Nemesis.

Oh. I thought it was that holo screen thing that vanished into the wall..
Anyway, back on topic!
Lurok, I envy you my friend.  You're DEFINITELY pushing the envelope here!

Yeah that :)